- RSS Channel Showcase 2425794
- RSS Channel Showcase 2320522
- RSS Channel Showcase 2203970
- RSS Channel Showcase 1996094
Articles on this Page
- 04/04/17--00:55: _Prepare for The Wil...
- 03/12/15--07:49: _WLT – Save the Ande...
- 04/09/15--07:46: _A personal letter f...
- 05/18/15--02:36: _Nepal Disaster Appe...
- 07/31/17--01:26: _Nikwax proud to bal...
- 11/06/17--08:11: _Hit the slopes with...
- 12/04/17--07:00: _Nikwax 40 Year Roun...
- 01/09/18--06:56: _The importance of l...
- 03/28/18--03:11: _Camping With a Cons...
- 06/01/18--01:31: _How to Dress for Mo...
- 07/09/18--06:01: _Interview with cycl...
- 07/09/18--06:01: _Nikwax launches #Do...
- 08/14/18--07:39: _EOCA – Protecting &...
- 08/17/18--07:17: _#DoMoreWithNikwax –...
- 09/05/18--02:32: _Stage 2 of #DoMoreW...
- 09/07/18--07:07: _EOCA – Why care?
- 10/17/18--07:12: _Vote to support ref...
- 10/18/18--08:22: _DoMoreWithNikwax – ...
- 10/18/18--08:23: _Hygge the Nikwax wa...
- 04/04/17--00:55: Prepare for The Wild Boar challenge, 2017!
- 03/12/15--07:49: WLT – Save the Andean Condor
- 05/18/15--02:36: Nepal Disaster Appeal – you can help!
- 07/31/17--01:26: Nikwax proud to balance its carbon emissions for 40 years
- 11/06/17--08:11: Hit the slopes with confidence when you use Nikwax on your gear
- 12/04/17--07:00: Nikwax 40 Year Round Up
- 01/09/18--06:56: The importance of layering when active outdoors
- 03/28/18--03:11: Camping With a Conscience
- 07/09/18--06:01: Interview with cycling world record breaker – Markus Stitz
- 07/09/18--06:01: Nikwax launches #DoMoreWithNikwax Challenge
- 08/14/18--07:39: EOCA – Protecting & Conserving the Outdoors
- 08/17/18--07:17: #DoMoreWithNikwax – First Week of the Challenge
- 09/05/18--02:32: Stage 2 of #DoMoreWithNikwax
- 09/07/18--07:07: EOCA – Why care?
- 10/17/18--07:12: Vote to support reforestation in Madagascar
- 10/18/18--08:22: DoMoreWithNikwax – Part 3!
Each year in Caerphilly, Wales, the Borough Council’s Countryside and Landscape Service, along with Caerphilly Adventure Group, Caerphilly Ramblers, Islwyn Ramblers and other partners, organise the Caerphilly Challenge. This annual event consists of a series of routes for people to walk, or even run; varying from a mild 1-5 mile walk, through to the longer […]
Soaring high above the mountains in the very remotest parts of South America, the Andean Condor is a spectacular sight. With a wing span of up to three metres, the Andean Condor has a vast range, flying over lowland desert and coastal regions of South America as well as riding thermal currents high over the […]
Dear Outdoor Enthusiast, I am writing to you about something which I do not think has received enough attention in the UK, in the hope that you will help us to publicise it. PFC pollution – Britain lags behind in awareness Most people in Britain would have no idea what I am talking about, whereas […]
You will have heard of the recent devastation that has befallen Nepal. Following the earthquake, registering 7.8 on the Richter scale on 25 April, the country has just been hit again; this time near Mount Everest, registering a magnitude of 7.3. The first quake was enough to put millions of innocent people in a position […]
More Than Waterproofing – In their 40th year Nikwax is proud to have balanced all their operational carbon emissions since their start. Maintaining their commitment to conserving and protecting the natural world. As Nikwax celebrates its 40th year as a forward thinking, innovative company, we are also proud to be celebrating the fact that we […]
Summer is becoming a distant memory, but is replaced with new excitement as the winter sports season is almost upon us. So many of us now like to turn our hand to snowboarding, skiing, or other snow-based activities during this time of the year and now is the time to check out your kit and […]
As we are coming to the end of our 40th birthday year we thought it would be great to share some of our highlights with you! Here are our favourite moments from the year:
Winter can be a fantastic time to be outdoors – especially if we are lucky enough to get snow! You want to ensure you keep warm, but you don’t want to overheat or be too cold, so layering up your clothing is the most beneficial way to stay comfortable. Every layer will play a key […]
This summer, thousands of tents will be left for landfill as festival goers choose to discard cheap or broken camping gear rather than pack it up and take it home. At last year’s Glastonbury Festival, more than 1,000 volunteers were drafted in to clear up the mess left behind – costing organisers around £785,000 for […]
Our guest blog this month comes from Amanda Wilks. Image © Pexels.com Any dedicated sports enthusiast knows that having proper equipment is crucial in any field. Naturally, this is also true for MTB. Thus, how you choose to dress for mountain biking is an essential part of your success, which is why you need to know […]
Markus Stitz hit the headlines in 2016 when he became the first person to cycle Around the World on a single speed bike (a bike with just one fixed gear). He peddled 34,097 kilometres in total, covering 26 different countries. But he says those aren’t the most important figures to him, “I guess the most […]
7,000km Riding | 7,000m Hiking | Camp 10 Countries #DoMoreWithNikwax Challenge Summer 2018 With Fredrika Ek | Markus Stitz | Jenny Tough To encourage others to get outside and do more Nikwax proudly launch the #DoMoreWithNikwax Challenge that will see world class athletes ride a combined total of 7,000 km, hike 7,000 m and camp […]
Over the years the environment and the importance of being environmentally friendly has been increasingly pushed to the forefront of the news, bringing with it a more conscious consumer. Put simply, people are more and more aware of the impact they are having on the environment and consequently changing their habits. The topical news story […]
Our mission this summer is to inspire you and others to get up, get outside and get active – to enjoy the great outdoors, whilst also looking to preserve the natural environment that we all love. By teaming up with 3 key athletes, the #DoMoreWithNikwax challenge is well underway, with the combined total of activities […]
As summer turns to autumn and holidays draw to a close, here is a little something to inspire you to get up, get out and keep being active! This summer Nikwax teamed up with three athletes – Markus Stitz, Fredrika Ek and Jenny Tough – to undertake the #DoMoreWithNikwax challenge, which saw them ride a […]
Recently having a connection to our environment has become increasingly popular. This stems from the disconnect we have with the environment on a day to day basis when we are all plugged into various devices, updating our statuses on social media and watching the all-important hilarious cat videos on YouTube. The need we feel to […]
Reforestation of the Indri Lemur Habitat and Development of an Amphibian Trail around the Mitsinjo and Torotorofotsy Reserves, Madagascar. Nikwax is proud to nominate this project for the chance for it to receive a grant from the European Outdoor Conservation Association (EOCA) in their yearly project funding scheme. The public vote is live now and we […]
As you may know, this summer we undertook a challenge to #DoMoreWithNikwax, where we teamed up with 3 top athletes and got them to cycle / hike / camp in 10 countries across Europe in just 21 days! Markus Stitz was our first challenger and then Fredrika Ek took over for part two. Finally it […]
Without even realising it, there’s so much around us that makes us feel content, comfortable and downright cosy, at times when the weather may not be so great, the nights are drawing in, or perhaps when just feeling like we’re having a bit of a ‘grey’ day. It may even just be something that we […]